Water Resources Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to break from traditional land development projects and apply your design skills and experience to innovative and unique stormwater management and natural resource restoration projects? Are you looking to expand your stream restoration experience to work on projects with multiple ecological and economic benefits? If so, LandStudies, an award-winning ecological design and restoration firm in Lititz, PA, may be the place to further or start your next career.
LandStudies is seeking a mid-level Engineer or related professional with experience in stormwater management design and permitting, and/or stream restoration design. The successful candidate will provide design support for stream and floodplain restoration and stormwater management projects and may manage select projects upon demonstration of experience and competence.
- Independently perform hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for stormwater management and stream/floodplain restoration projects
- Independently perform flood studies for existing and proposed conditions
- Prepare PCSM reports and other technical reports related to the above tasks
- Prepare NPDES NOIs, E&S applications, municipal submittals, and other agency submittals for stormwater management and restoration projects
- Conduct field assessments independently or under the direction of senior design staff, including stormwater facilities inspections and assessments, geomorphic assessments, field data collection, and surveys
- Prepare exhibits, permit drawings, construction drawings, or other plans using LSI CAD standards
- BS in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, or related curriculum
- 5-10 years’ experience in stormwater management design and land development planning
- Proficient in a variety of Hydrology models (TR-55/ TR-20, Regional regression equations, others)
- Proficient in HEC-RAS
- Proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D and/or Microstation
- Proficient in NPDES Stormwater/Chapter 102 permit process and requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Ability to apply fundamental design principles to unique and challenging problems
- Motivated and resourceful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience preferred
- Familiarity with Chapter 105/404 permits and processes preferred
- Familiarity with MS4 program and PRP development will be strongly considered
- Experience with FEMA applications and procedures will be strongly considered
Salary will be commensurate with experience and training Benefits package includes PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental coverage, and 401K with company match. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Resumes@LandStudies.com or fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, PA.
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.