Sustainable Landscape Installation Superintendent
LandStudies Inc. is seeking a Sustainable Landscape Installation Superintendent for our Field Operations division in Lititz PA.
The superintendent manages the everyday operations of the Field Operations division and oversees LandStudies’ construction and landscape projects. This position supervises all installation employees and reports to the Director of Field Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains work schedules for all installation personnel;
- Directs and performs safety training and toolbox talks;
- Manages preventative maintenance for all facilities, equipment and fleet;
- Coordinates and oversees subcontractors and equipment rentals;
- Regularly communicates regarding the status of all projects and any obstacles to meeting deadlines;
- Troubleshoots scheduling delays;
- Attends preconstruction meetings;
- Purchases materials and schedules their deliveries;
- Tracks inventory;
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in landscaping, horticultural, environmental sciences or similar field, plus a minimum 5 years landscaping or related industry experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated leadership by example, teamwork, time management and problem solving skills;
- Competency in interpreting and executing documents and plans;
- Knowledge of herbicides, pesticides, and application methods;
- Familiarity with the operation of industry-related tools and equipment (including heavy machinery);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Keyboard typing skills are required and used up to 50% of any work day. Hands and fingers are involved with repetitive movements on a standard keyboard. Vision abilities for this position include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. The employee is frequently required to stoop, bend and kneel to access supplies and files. Occasional travel to offsite meetings and project sites is essential to this position. The employee must occasionally lift and move materials, e.g. supplies, live plants and trees, weighing to 75 lbs, to storage areas or project sites.
Founded in 1989, LandStudies, Inc. is an award-winning environmental design/build firm that uses natural systems to improve the environment. We are recognized throughout PA and the Mid-Atlantic region for our innovative work in stream, floodplain and wetlands restoration, stormwater systems, and the creation of natural landscapes to improve water quality and wildlife habitat. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our creative and dedicated team of professionals.
If you meet the qualifications of the position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at 315 North Street, Lititz PA 17543.
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.