Job Opening: Sustainable Landscape Foreman
LandStudies, Inc. is an award winning environmental design/build firm with experience since 1989 using natural systems to improve the environment. We are recognized throughout PA and the mid-Atlantic region for our innovative, sustainable work restoring streams, floodplains, and wetlands, and creating natural landscapes with a goal of improving water quality and wildlife habitat. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our creative and dedicated team of professionals as a foreman in our Field Operations division. Current personnel in this division have experience & education in: Environmental Science; Wildlife & Fisheries Science; Wildlife Technology; Sustainable Development; Horticulture.
LandStudies, Inc. is seeking a landscape foreman for our Field Operations division in Lititz, Pennsylvania to lead and assist work crews with the installation of natural landscapes, ecological restoration, and invasive plant management projects in an outdoor work setting.
Strong Leadership and Organizational Skills
Ability to Perform Site Assessments & Recommendations
Install/Manage Ecological Restoration
Land and Wildlife Management or a Natural Resources background
Identify Native & Invasive Plants
PA Pesticide Applicator License or Technician Certification
Experience Seeding and Tree & Shrub planting
Erosion Control Installation
Heavy Machinery Operation
Medium to Small Sized Power Equipment
Candidates with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) will be strongly considered
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Site Assessments
- Project Management
- Communication with Clients
- Leading, instructing, and training of crew members
- Installation and maintenance of trees, shrubs, herbaceous and wetland plants
- Installation of erosion control products
- Invasive species control via mechanical and chemical control
- Miscellaneous landscape and construction duties including mulching, grading, etc.
- Operation of small power equipment and landscape equipment
- Safe transportation of personnel, materials, and equipment using truck and trailer
- Use of personal protection safety equipment (PPE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements in all seasons.
• Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing.
• Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery.
- Wages will be commensurate with experience and training
- Over-time opportunities
- Paid travel expenses
- Permanent Position benefits include:
- Holiday pay; accrued time off; health, dental and vision insurance; and 401K with company match.
If you are interested please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out this Employment Application Form and email to email@example.com, or fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, Pa. 17543.
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.