Sustainable Landscape Foreman
LandStudies, Inc. is an award-winning environmental design/build firm with experience since 1989 using natural systems to improve the environment. We are recognized throughout PA and the mid-Atlantic region for our innovative, sustainable work restoring streams, floodplains, and wetlands, stormwater systems, and creating natural landscapes with a goal of improving water quality and wildlife habitat.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our creative and dedicated team of professionals as a foreman in our Field Operations division. The current team in this division has experience & education in: Environmental Science & Ecology; Wildlife & Fisheries Science; Landscape and Excavation; Wildlife Technology; Sustainable Development; Horticulture.
LandStudies Inc. is seeking a landscape foreman for our Field Operations division in Lititz, Pennsylvania to lead and assist work crews with the installation of natural landscapes, ecological restoration, invasive plant management and commercial landscape projects. Outdoor work setting.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to perform site assessments & recommendations
- Heavy machinery operation (mini excavator, skid loader, tractor, truck & trailer)
- Tree & shrub planting and seeding/stabilization experience
- Interpret project plans and specifications
- Land and wildlife management or a natural resources background; native and invasive plant identification
- PA Pesticide Applicator License or technician certification desired
- Candidates with Commercial Driver’s License will be strongly considered
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Site assessments, recommendations
- Communication with clients
- Leading, instructing, and training of crew members
- Supervision, installation, and maintenance of trees, shrubs, herbaceous and wetland plants
- Supervision of installation of erosion control products such as erosion control blanket and hydromulch
- Supervision and installation of stormwater BMPs, green infrastructure – streetscape, and ecological restoration projects.
- Invasive species control via mechanical and chemical control
- Miscellaneous landscape and construction duties including mulching, grading, etc.
- Operation and transport of heavy equipment used for planting and grading
- Operation of small power equipment and landscape equipment
- Safe transportation of personnel, materials, and equipment using truck and trailer
- Supervision and use of personal protection safety equipment (PPE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements in all seasons.
- Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing.
- Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery.
- Wages will be commensurate with experience and training
- Over-time opportunities
- Paid travel expenses
- Permanent position benefits include: Holiday pay; accrued time off, health, dental & vision insurance and 401K with company match
If you are interested please send your resume and references to email@example.com
Or you can fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, Pa. 17543
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.