Sustainable Landscape Estimator/Project Manager
LandStudies, Inc. is an award winning environmental design/build firm with experience since 1989 using natural systems to improve the environment. We are recognized throughout PA and the mid-Atlantic region for our innovative, sustainable work restoring streams, floodplains, and wetlands, and creating natural landscapes with a goal of improving water quality and wildlife habitat. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our creative and dedicated team of professionals as a foreman in our Field Operations division. Current Team in this division have experience & education in: Environmental Science; Wildlife & Fisheries Science; Wildlife Technology; Sustainable Development; Horticulture.
LandStudies Inc. is seeking a Landscape Estimator/Project Manager for our Field Operations division in Lititz, Pennsylvania responsible for producing accurate and timely bid estimates and project management for natural landscape, ecological restoration, and invasive plant management projects. Project types include commercial, residential, public, private, and design/build.
- 5-10 years’ experience in construction estimating, engineering, environmental science, landscaping, or similar field
- Experience should be in similar field and demonstrate competency in the duties required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Estimating – Responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Complete preparation and submission of bid packages and response to Requests for Proposals, Bids, and Quotes.
- Take-off of material, labor, and subcontract resources needed to complete job for landscape, earthwork, and maintenance projects.
- Bid procurement and tracking
- Management of cost databases
- Represent company at site visits and pre-bid meetings.
Project Management – Responsible for the following administrative and project work, including but not limited to:
- Materials procurement/purchasing
- Client communication
- Facilitation of project meetings
- Coordination and management of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Contract administration
- Assist other project managers
Field/Technical – Assist staff with field work and technical work as follows:
- Attend pre-construction meetings
- Coordination and facilitation of field work
- Supervision and completion of field work such as landscaping, site work, and maintenance of plants and native ecosystems.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Other Skills required, but are not limited to:
- Strong Leadership and Organizational Skills
- A meticulous approach to reviews of estimates as well as careful and detailed work habits to ensure estimate accuracy
- Ability to perform mathematical and interpretive functions necessary to read, interpret, and implement projects as intended by design documentations, drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Sustainable landscaping and site work estimating and takeoffs.
- Ability to independently complete estimating and project management for full service environmental projects including sustainable landscaping, site work, restoration, maintenance and monitoring.
- Knowledge of or ability to recognize and work within national construction/architectural codes and standards such as ASTM, ANSI, AIA, and UCC.
- Familiarity with the natural sciences, and ability to identify and relate to native, wetland, upland, natural and ornamental landscapes.
- Knowledge of site work means and methods.
- Understanding of native ecosystems and how they function ecologically.
- Practical problem solving dealing with a variety of variables including weather, timelines, client demands, and budget constraints.
- Professionalism and good organizational and communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other computer software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements in all seasons.
- Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing.
- Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery
- Employee must be able to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers which can cause muscle strain.
- Will have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of others. Employee may find the environment to be busy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
- Employee must be able to manage extended use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches
- Employee must be able to adapt to a busy work environment which may make it difficult to concentrate.
- Employee must be able to manage stress that may be caused by the need to complete tasks within tight deadlines or manage a number of requests and situations at one time
- Wages will be commensurate with experience and training
- Salaried position
- Paid travel expenses
- Full-time Position benefits include (some benefits have requirements to be meet before start of benefits):
- Holiday pay; Accrued time off; Health, Dental & Vision insurance, 401K company contribution, company paid Disability Insurance and Life insurance
If you are interested please send your resume and references to email@example.com
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.