Seasonal Installers for Immediate Hire
LandStudies Inc. is seeking summer and seasonal landscape installers for our Field Operations division in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Essential duties include the installation of plants and seed, erosion and sedimentation control products, cutting and removal of invasive plants, pesticide application, and operation of small power equipment. Outdoors work setting. Travel and overnight stay may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Installation and maintenance of trees, shrubs, herbaceous and wetland plants;
- Installation of erosion control products;
- Invasive species control;
- Miscellaneous landscape and construction duties including mulching, grading, etc;
- Operation of small power equipment and landscaping equipment, if applicable;
- Use of personal protection safety equipment (PPE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements in all seasons;
- Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing;
- Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful applicant:
- Must be able & willing to work long hours in adverse weather conditions;
- Be 18 years or older;
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team.
- No experience necessary, but a plus;
- Experience operating small hand and power equipment such as string trimmers, engine drills, chainsaws, rake, shovel, etc. a plus;
- Experience operating landscaping equipment such as skid steer loader and tractor a plus;
- Pennsylvania pesticide applicator certification or technician or experience with pesticide application a plus;
- Valid driver’s license and experience pulling a loaded trailer a plus.
If you are interested please send your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, Pa. 17543.