LandStudies Inc. is seeking seasonal landscape installers beginning in March/April for our Field Operations division in Manheim, Pennsylvania. Essential duties include the installation of plants and seed, erosion and sedimentation control products, cutting and removal of invasive plants, pesticide application, and operation of small power equipment. Outdoors work setting. Travel and overnight stay may be required.
The successful applicant:
- Must be able and willing to work long hours in adverse weather conditions;
- Be 18 years or older;
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team.
Education and/or Experience
- No experience required, but previous experience in planting trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants with landscaping or environmental restoration crews a plus;
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate small hand and power equipment such as string trimmers, engine drills, chainsaws, rake, shovel, a plus;
- Experience operating landscaping equipment such as skid steer loader and tractor a plus;
- Pennsylvania pesticide applicator certification or technician, or experience with pesticide application, a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge of plants and their identification a plus;
- Valid driver’s license and experience pulling a loaded trailer a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation and maintenance of trees, shrubs, herbaceous and wetland plants;
- Installation of erosion control products;
- Invasive species control;
- Miscellaneous landscape and construction duties including mulching, grading, etc;
- Operation of small power equipment and landscaping equipment if applicable;
- Use of personal protection safety equipment (PPE).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements in all seasons.
- Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing.
- Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery.
- Overtime opportunities;
- Paid travel expenses from office to job site(s) if applicable.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume and references to Resumes@landstudies.com or fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, PA 17543 or 36 Kreider Lane, Manheim, PA 17545.
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.