MicroStation CADD Technician
Have you always had an interest in land planning and design that considers natural resources and improving the environment? Does the idea of restoring streams and wetlands to enhance people’s quality of life appeal to you? If you are seeking a career where you can apply your CADD skills to projects that support multiple ecological and economic benefits, LandStudies could be the place for you.
Since 1989, LandStudies has worked to restore and manage natural resources, thus improving their function and maximizing their economic potential. We are currently seeking a full-time, mid-level MicroStation CADD Technician with experience in the preparation of permitting and construction drawings for stream and wetland restoration, stormwater management, and other environmental design projects to join our growing Design team. The successful candidate will:
Primary Skills and Responsibilities
- Use MicroStation and OpenRoads to develop permit and construction drawings for natural resource restoration projects
- Draft grading, site improvements, and details as directed by Design staff
- Prepare plan sheets and plan sets to establish plan standards
Other Opportunities for Professional Development
- Perform field surveys and stream assessments
- Assist with geomorphic assessments
- Delineate wetlands
- Assist with permit document preparation
- Perform other design-related tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) or equivalent
- Five or more years of relevant experience and proficiency in MicroStation, particularly with highway projects in Pennsylvania and/or Maryland
- Strong CADD skills in Bentley MicroStation and OpenRoads Designer
- Experience with handling large multi-sheet CADD files with MicroStation
- This includes a clear understanding of complex structured groups of CADD files with external references, overlays, and nested CADD file layers
- Ability to develop and/or maintain CADD standards
- A firm understanding of developing large CADD models with an implemented set of CADD standards that are structured to provide a consistent look/feel to our deliverables
- Experience with land development and urban planning projects preferred
- Experience with Maryland Department of Transportation Standards for Highways & Incidental Structures (MDSHA) will be strongly considered
- Good organizational skills and professionalism
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques
Salary is commensurate with experience and training. Benefits package for full-time employees includes PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental coverage, and 401K with company match.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LandStudies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.