Sustainable Landscape Installer
LandStudies, Inc. is an award winning environmental design/build firm with experience since 1989 using natural systems to improve the environment. We are recognized throughout PA and the mid-Atlantic region for our innovative, sustainable work restoring streams, floodplains, and wetlands, and creating natural landscapes with a goal of improving water quality and wildlife habitat.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our creative and dedicated team of professionals as a foreman in our Field Operations division. Current Team in this division have experience & education in: Environmental Science; Wildlife & Fisheries Science; Wildlife Technology; Sustainable Development; Horticulture.
LandStudies Inc. is seeking temporary to permanent seasonal landscape installer for our Field Operations division in Lititz, Pennsylvania to assist work crews with the installation of natural landscape, ecological restoration, and invasive plant management projects. Essential duties include the installation of plants and seed, erosion and sedimentation control products, cutting and removal of invasive plants, pesticide application, and operation of small power equipment. Outdoors work setting. Travel and overnight stay may be required.
Applicant must have previous experience in landscaping/construction field; must be able & willing to work long hours in adverse weather conditions, be 18 years or older and have a valid driver’s license. Applicants without related experience may not be responded to.
Education and/or Experience
- Previous experience in planting trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants with landscaping or environmental restoration crews.
- Background in land management, ecological restoration, or wildlife management is preferred.
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate small hand and power equipment such as string trimmers, engine drills, chainsaws, rake, shovel, etc.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as a team.
- Experience operating landscaping equipment such as skid steer loader and tractor a plus.
- Pennsylvania Pesticide Applicator Certification or Technician a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation and maintenance of trees, shrubs, herbaceous and wetland plants
- Installation of erosion control products
- Invasive species control
- Miscellaneous landscape and construction duties including mulching, grading, etc.
- Operation of small power equipment and landscaping equipment
- Use of personal protection safety equipment (PPE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements in all seasons.
- Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing.
- Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery
- Wages will be commensurate with experience and training.
- Over-time opportunities.
- Paid travel expenses.
- Benefits available upon permanent employment.
If you are interested please send your resume and references to email@example.com or fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, Pa. 17543